The Empress Theatre is pleased to announce auditions for
Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella,” directed by Sarah Bringhurst
The timeless enchantment of a magical fairy tale is reborn with the Rodgers & Hammerstein hallmarks of originality, charm and elegance. Originally presented on television in 1957 starring Julie Andrews, Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella was the most widely viewed program in the history of the medium. Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella is the new Broadway adaptation of the classic musical. This contemporary take on the classic tale features Rodgers & Hammerstein's most beloved songs, including “In My Own Little Corner,” “Impossible/It's Possible” and “Ten Minutes Ago,” alongside an up-to-date, hilarious and romantic libretto by Tony Award nominee Douglas Carter Beane.
The Empress encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to attend every audition. The Empress is committed to providing a space for community and inclusion free from discrimination.
GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
For this production, auditions will be done virtually. Individuals interested in auditioning should submit a virtual audition no later than May 11th, 2023 at 9:00 PM
For the audition, individuals should state their name and prepare 16 - 32 bars of a song in the style of the show.
Virtual auditions will be submitted within the audition form, found here: https://forms.gle/FwVoyFkhrvuJm6ucA
Video auditions must be submitted as links to youtube videos that can be shared among the production team.
It is also strongly encouraged to send an additional copy of your audition to firstname.lastname@example.org
Callback Date: May 13, 2023
First Rehearsal Date: May 15, 2023
Rehearsal Schedule: Rehearsals will take place
• Monday – Thursday evenings (occasional Friday rehearsals may be called, as needed), blocked in the hours of 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
• Saturday mornings, blocked in the hours of 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
• Rehearsals may extend beyond these parameters, particularly during tech rehearsals.
Preview: July 27, 2023
Opening: July 28, 2023
Closing: August 12, 2023
• Casting Authority: The Production Team with Artistic Director Approval.
• Individuals who may view your audition information: Production Director, Choreographer, and Music Director. Other approved individuals may view the information as needed, including Theatre Artistic Management, Stage Management, and more.
• Who is at Callbacks: Production Team and Theatre Artistic Management
• A full copy of the script is available if needed.
• Portions of this audition and/or callback may be recorded or photographed at the Director’s discretion. All recordings will only be used by the production team and will be destroyed after callbacks.
• Actors will be expected to help build and strike the set.
• Any roles may be double cast for this production, at the discretion of the production team.
• This production will have a designated day off of Sunday, meaning no mandatory rehearsals will be scheduled on Sundays. Sundays may be utilized for optional activities, such as set building or review time.
Madame (Step Mother)
Marie (Fairy Godmother)
Gabrielle (Step Sister)
Charlotte (Step Sister)