Please Sign up for in-person auditions or submit virtual auditions through Casting manager at: http://castingmanager.com/audition/info/VhAeWmE7Bjk7kJe
The Empress Theatre is pleased to announce auditions for:
Evita charts the young and ambitious Eva Peron’s meteoric rise to sainthood. Set in Argentina between 1934-1952, the Tony-winning musical follows Eva Duarte on her journey from poor illegitimate child to ambitious actress to, as wife of military leader-turned-president Juan Peron, the most powerful woman in Latin America, before her death from cancer at age 33. The events in Evita’s life are presented in song and commented on by the show’s narrator, Che. Well-known numbers from Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical masterpiece include “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina,” “Oh What a Circus,” “Buenos Aires” and “Another Suitcase in Another Hall.”
The Empress encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to attend every audition. The Empress is committed to providing a space for community and inclusion free from discrimination.
Director: Roberto Fernandez-Rosa
Music Director: TBA
GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
We are seeking Latinx Actors for the roles of Eva, Che, Juan, Augustin, and the Mistress.
We also encourage actors of any ethnicity to audition as we are seeking strong dancers and singers to portray the people of Argentina, world leaders, and the general public through the Ensemble Roles.
For this production, auditions will be done in person with a virtual option for those unable to attend the in-person dates.
Those wishing to audition may come to either audition session.
Auditions will be taken on a first come basis and will last 5-10 minutes.
For the audition, individuals should state their name and prepare 32 bars of a song in the style of the show.
Backing tracks only (no accompanist will be provided).
Virtual auditions may be submitted if there is a conflict with the in-person audition dates.
Virtual Auditions must be submitted NO LATER than 11:59pm on February 13th, 2024
Callbacks will be by invitation only on Saturday Feb 17, 9am - 12p
All auditions and callbacks will be at the Empress Theatre.
Callback Date: Saturday Feb17, 2024 9am-12pm
First Rehearsal Date: Feb 19, 2024
Rehearsal Schedule: Rehearsals will take place
• Monday – Thursday evenings (occasional Friday rehearsals may be called, as needed), blocked in the hours of 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
• Saturday mornings, blocked in the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
• Rehearsals may extend beyond these parameters, particularly during tech rehearsals.
Preview: Thursday, May 9, 2024
Opening: Friday, May 10, 2024
Closing: Saturday, May25, 2024
• Casting Authority: The Production Team with Artistic Director Approval.
• Individuals who may view your audition information: Production Director, Choreographer, Music Director, and Stage Manager. Other approved individuals may view the information as needed, including Theatre Artistic Management, Theatre Stage Management, and more.
• Who is at Callbacks: Production Team (Director, Choreographer, Music Director, Stage Manager) and Theatre Artistic Management
• Portions of this audition and/or callback may be recorded or photographed at the Director’s discretion. All recordings will only be used by the production team and will be destroyed after callbacks.
• Actors will be expected to help build, paint, and strike the set.
• This production will have a designated day off of Sunday, meaning no mandatory rehearsals will be scheduled on Sundays. Sundays may be utilized for optional activities, such as set building or review time.